This year I have made five very specific resolutions in regards to my sweepstakes hobby.
- I have decided to re-brand myself as America’s Sweepheart. I think it is fun to have a playful nickname while working toward my 2016 goals in sweeping. I wanted something catchy that people would remember when they think of me, my blog, or my local sweepstakes Facebook page.
- I want to meet other sweepers and help people learn how to become a sweeper. To accomplish these goals simultaneously, I have applied to teach a class for beginning sweepers through my city’s Community Education program. If my suggested program is chosen, I would begin teaching this spring.
- Win more trips. That may seem like an obvious resolution for a sweeper, but to present I have not been trying that hard to win a foreign trip because I did not have a passport. But because I knew I was going to make foreign travel a 2016 resolution, I finally applied for a passport at the end of last year and received it in the mail this week. Now to work toward this resolution, I am going to enter as many trip sweepstakes as possible!
- Write a sweepstakes memoir. Until now, I have been a fiction writer. You may have read my novel The Debt Collectors: A Lucy Vaughn Mystery in which the main character is also a sweeper. This year I want to branch out with some nonfiction, but as they say, it’s important to write what you know. I figure I know my life pretty well, especially in regards to how sweeping has helped me through some difficult times.
- My final sweepstakes resolution is to build more readership for this blog. You can help! If you know any fellow sweepers or aspiring sweepers, please refer them to the blog!
What are some of your resolutions for the 2016 sweeping year? Do you have a wish list of the top items or experiences you would like to win this year? How do you plan to make it happen?